Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Photo Challenge...Red, White & Blue

I Heart Faces weekly photo challenge time again:) The 4th of July is a big holiday in my family and this cake is a staple of our celebrations. I cannot remember a year without it.   It is part of our tradition, to leave our cities and gather at the farm.  To wear cheesy matching red, white & blue t-shirts and spend too much money on South Dakota fireworks (thank you SD for your less restrictive laws).  It is currently my mom's job to whip up this patriotic cake, but I'm next:)


Check out more fantastic, Red, White & Blue inspired photos at:


9 comments:

Charla said...

This is awesome! What great focus, and what a yummy cake :)

Jessica Fuselier said...

I have made that cake a few times & everybody LOVES it! Looks delicious!
Happy 4th!
xo, Jessica
www.freshangeles.com

Rachel Hope said...

Yum! Great pic, love the over the shoulder view

Teachinfourth said...

Looks absolutely delicious. It's a shame when you have to eat art...

audra0023 said...

Love this with focal point being "The Cake" and the background of the fizarm.

LivingSoAbundantly said...

I love how the nail polish joins the strawberries with the bright red! I seriously want a piece of that dessert. :)


Living So Abundantly: New meme coming this Thursday, July 7, 2011, Give Back Thursday--come join the fun!

Anonymous said...

yummy!

Anonymous said...

That cake sure looks great! I love how the light hits it and the perspective of looking over your mom's shoulder. Great job!

Heidi said...

Such a neat shot, love the perspective!

ShareThis