Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be Thankful

Since Wednesday night, I have written at least half a dozen "Thanksgiving" blogs in my head.  I have a little leather journal I carry around and whenever I get an idea...about anything I write it down. So I have been floating through the last 4 days, jotting down notes and picture ideas for the blog. Lots of crazy good stuff goes in my little book.   Sometimes I write down a moment, so that I never forget.  It's much too easy to forget moments like this: 
July 14, 2010
"Pasta night in St. Paul...The girls leave tomorrow for two weeks.  Went for a walk in downtown after we ate sat on a blanket in the park until the sun went down."  

I had no camera and if I remember correctly, my phone was dead.  So I wrote a note to myself..."don't forget this stuff...this is the good stuff."  When I open the book to jot down whatever it is clogging up my head, I always re-read the previous pages and smile and laugh...maybe cry if I wrote something on a blue day.  But I'm always so very thankful it's all there.  Someday when my memory is no longer a trusted friend, who can tell me the stories of my life, my little brown leather journal will, in tiny bite sized morsels:) 

The point here is that it now contains some great material for a "Thanksgiving" blog and I fully intended to spend tonight pouring over the notes, adding the photos I put together for said blog and clicking on that sexy orange "Publish Post" button.  That is always a big moment, the moment I let go of that little blurb of my heart and toss it out into the universe for the world to see.  It's a tough thing for this girl, with the hard candy coated shell.

The "Thanksgiving" blog, mostly done in my head, pictures teed up and ready to go.  And then...this happened:




A gift.  A thank you gift from two of the sweetest souls this soul has ever met.  And suddenly it is not only the most fantastic piece of art in our house...it is my mission statement.  And...it is...the "Thanksgiving" blog:) 


BE THANKFUL...
Oh...I am.
thankful for a daughter who is my right hand and probably the best big sister ever.


Thankful for big sisters that build awesome forts for little brothers...
And then spend the afternoon reading to him.

Thankful for a daughter that sees the need to do more...and does more. 


For a mother that taught me to celebrate everything with amazing food and laughter.


DO YOUR BEST.
I try...
To grow healthy food for my family.


To save to save the Ta Ta's


To walk for hope.





To show people how beautiful their lives are.

EAT CHOCOLATE.
Ugh...twist my arm.



My mom's red velvet cupcake recipe...x 2 holidays = I may be an addict.



LAUGH.  SMILE.  
I couldn't stop my self if I wanted to.  And really this one isn't fair to me or anyone who reads this blog.  If I were to post every photo of laughter and smiles in my life...even just this year...you'd stop reading.  How much can one person take?!?!?!?  How about just a couple?







He's too sexy for his bath.



Cracks me up every time...

SMELL THE FLOWERS.
Like birthday flowers from my girl:) 






SIP WINE.
And beer:)









LOVE DEEPLY.
Again...too many photos.
























BASK IN THE SUN.
Like the beautiful souls who blessed our home with this wonderful gift:




The Longs:)  Thank you!!!  






Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
-- Marcel Proust 



It's time for me to go spoon with one of my charming little gardeners.  Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

ShareThis