Thursday, March 1, 2012

on my walls i would write...

For about a nano second I thought I was going to sit down tonight and throw down some hump day nuggets and mildly pleasing photos from the last few days.  Maybe have a beer or a glass of wine with my nuggets.  I'm so crazy.

No, instead there has been a frantic realization of a 4 minute speech that is due tomorrow.  A speech with a written version, complete with citation page, visual aids (that must be creative and unique) and a costume.  The topic?  Courtship and marriage in the Elizabethan Era.  Which, by the way, is a shockingly unpleasant topic.  Sure, they had fantastically stunning clothing, but as is all too common throughout history, marriage was mostly just a way to sell your daughter to the highest bidder.  Be it a hefty dowry or prestige and honor, girls of that day had a price tag.  It didn't take long for a study of then...to turn into a comparison to now, to morph into a current events lesson.  We took on some heavy topics tonight.

But, 4 hours later...done.  BAM! Moms are magic.  Just so you know.

And now, at 10 PM a round of nuggets seems less like relaxing wine sipping therapy and more like frantic homework.  Since I'm all in high school mode tonight, I'm going to call NOT FAIR that I had to do homework all night instead of chill out like I wanted to.  ~dramatic, exaggerated outrage~

For those who are about to cry foul and shake a finger at me for "doing" her homework....shhhhh.  I wish I was the kind of mom that just did it, it would be easier.  No, in our house it means I get to check sources, proof read, make recommendations, read second, third and fourth versions, insist on more "creative" visual aids, mock score each category to ensure we are catering to the teacher's preferences.

Seriously, give me a diet Rite and some proper 90's metal and I'll make short work of any project.  Or proper 90's dance tunes..."Rhythm is a Dancer" will do the trick.

And now here she is with geography homework.  We need a postcard that represents Sweden and it's most well known geographic feature.

::

Remember this little piece of inspiration?



We return to it tonight to finish this:

On my walls I would write...
love song lyrics 
hear beats fast
colors and promises
how to be brave
how can I love when i'm afraid to fall
but watching you stand alone
all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
one step closer
i have died everyday waiting for you
darling don't be afraid 
i have loved you for a thousand years
i'll love you for a thousand more

promises to my daughters.  I promise to always be brave and fight the good fight

our love story <3

i own my past, it is what makes me who i am today

strong is sexy, soft is sexy, being a great partner is sexy, so is having an opinion

you can't have it all, i know my priorities

i will dance wherever i want


i can't live without music

i miss the inner circle


twing
hot thomalla
tt



I'd love to know even one thing you would write on your wall.  It's late, go ahead and share, it's just us girls here anyway:)

Only 2 minutes until it's tomorrow. Homework is done and this momma is feeling quite accomplished tonight.

WOOT!  XOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

ShareThis