Friday, April 1, 2011

What we have...

*WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS AN F-BOMBISH THING*


This week sucked.  Period.  Everyone but Brandon is sick...really sick.  Even a car is sick, Volvo died Monday.  Which means I'm on baby drop off and pick up duty. I can barely lift him, each time is a crap shoot and I'm worried one of these attempts will end in both of us on the ground.   And before anyone cries fowl on Brandon not driving me to work and Liam to daycare let me take a moment to tell you that with city traffic,  he would be on the road for about 3 hours a day doing that.  He has a job too:)


I'm gimping around with joint pain that sends me into orbit whenever I move, which pushed me to finally go to the doctor.  Who promptly scolded me for ignoring a boatload of symptoms that combined give her cause for concern. I told her I assumed I was just an overweight, tired,  overextended, momma of 3 and this was all normal:)   And here comes the worst part of the week...what she said to me after that:


"Ericka, you are 39...almost 40 years old.  At your age you can't ignore these things, it could be something serious."

Ugh.  There is so much about that sentence that I hate.  Do I even need to tell you?  Enter a crap ton of xrays and blood tests and no answers yet.


I missed Annika's special education assessment this morning.


A woman at work told me that my major dental issue I was so self conscious about didn't matter because "after 40 women are invisible anyway."  How depressing.  I don't want or need to be noticed per say...but I would like to think that at least my husband will notice me and if I am missing all my teeth.  And care.


Still, despite all this, I am feeling very blessed.  Here is a conversation on instant messenger, between my husband (Sleepwalker) and me (Honey Badger), about the stupid car:


Sleepwalker (him) says:
 I'm going to check all the fuses yet
 I checked every one of them under the hood, and some of them in the door, but haven't looked at any in the back yet
 that thing has a ridiculous number of fuses
HOney bAdger (me)  says:
 it's a space ship
Sleepwalker says:
 it really is, it's surprising I have to steer it
HOney bAdger says:
 maybe you don't
 you've just been driving it wrong
Sleepwalker says:
 one thing that's good though is how much I love you!
HOney bAdger says:
 awwwwww
 that was f*#@ing awesome
 thank you
Sleepwalker says:
we always have that baby
no matter how much other stuff sucks, I love you mucho

And just like the "My Mom Rocks" found on my mouse pad last week, this pretty much lifted the dumb, persistent little cloud hanging over my week. 

My apologies for the f'n hiemer.  Little known fact, I have been known to cuss like a sailor under certain circumstances.    I don't do it alot here, because this is always such a happy space for me.  Ask my kiddos though, it can fly out of my mouth all too quickly.  

The photo section of this post is dedicated to random goodness.  No long stories to go with them, just yummy photos of people and stuff I love.  Here we go:


I love freshly cleaned baby butts...



Holy cows do I love this guy...



I love to kiss this face aggressively.  Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally eat him...



I love every birthday my Grandma has and how lucky our kids are to have her...



I love that she shares a birthday with my momma.  I love that she smashes aggressive kisses on my kiddos...



I love these two monkeys.  I mean seriously.






Liam loves Jessie.  Poor Jessie, takes alot of abuse, it can be worrisome to see him scold her and chuck her under the table.  This is where I found her.  Poor Jessie.



More Monkey love...






I love that we now all take over the farm and make the same big farm breakfasts that have always been made there,by the matriarchs.  Now it's the brother/sister cousins who own the kitchen.



I love all our kids playing.






I love these girls mucho.



And what a great auntie she is.



and I love spring and pretty spring dresses that show off pretty tattoos.  This one I got a few months before Maria passed away.  It is a tribute to her, with hundreds of little butterflies coming off a tree.  I am so glad I was able to show her and tell her the story behind the dream that inspired this tattoo.  



We are looking at a pretty wonderful spring weekend and no solid plans.  Maybe we'll kick it Old School:


"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. "

 That makes me very happy.  I hope you have a very happy weekend as well. 


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Priceless thoughts and photos. Maria would have especially loved the picture of Cece's hands on the keyboard. I can almost hear her talking about it and see her loving expression.
Mary Hempel

ShareThis